8.5.10

Self Promotion

I have been busy creating a few self promotional print outs to send to possible clients, using some of my spare posters prints, with a few new layouts.
The key for self promotion as an illustrator is to keep it unique yet simple, and creative yet fairly cheap.
Instead of printing off a load more spreads for a booklet, I instead folded up a few of my prints left over from my exhibition and combined them with a few new layouts in a limited edition style book. I bound the folded pages together with coiled coloured wire and made an insert for my business card to add a handmade touch. The pages can be pulled out and put up as posters or flicked through as a book.
The one bit of advice I was given about self promotion is to create artwork the clients can put up on their wall, as Art Directors like tangible and accessible art.

Creating coiled wire to bind book 1.

Example of pull our poster and centre fold in book 1.

A3 double-sided, pull out folded poster. Printed on Bible Paper so is extra thin and great for folding, could be printed up to A1 for a greater effect. This piece works as a small booklet or as a poster, and can be given out exhibitions or sent to possible employers.

Book 2 used the same technique as book 1, using old posters and new layouts, however with this book I attached a business card on the front cover with an eyelet, again for a unique, handmade feel. I always admire the small touches on items such as these, so feel that it is very important to focus on every little finishing touch.


No comments:

Photography: Illustration: Design

My photo
East London, United Kingdom
I have recently graduated from The Arts University College at Bournemouth with a First Class BA (Hons) Degree in Illustration I am available for freelance, so please get in touch!

Followers