26.8.10

Collaboration:Lost+Confused

I recently collaborated with Jack Oughton on a poetry publication hes working on.
This is the artwork I created for the poem.

Lost and Confused
Marble pillars and steel girders
Concrete, rock and paving
Carefully built, it falls away
Adornments and engraving
Bend like rye
*
The extant stone collapses
As the geodesic blooms
Debris lifts
Shards of rock
To a granular air
Of granite wounds
**
Masonry and brickwork
Cracked like deadwood underneath
I watched a shockwave shattering
A structural belief
***
Later I would see myself upon the evening news
There amongst the carnage
Numb and fixed with wonder,
My ears full of thunder
Lost and confused

No comments:

Photography: Illustration: Design

My photo
East London, United Kingdom
I have recently graduated from The Arts University College at Bournemouth with a First Class BA (Hons) Degree in Illustration I am available for freelance, so please get in touch!

Followers